Authentic Fry Bread
Fry bread is often mistaken as a traditional food to Indigenous peoples due to its popularity at powwows and family gatherings, but the fried-dough recipe is similar to other bread in different parts of the world.
- 4 cups of fry bread
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- Dash of salt
- Lukewarm water
- Mix together dry ingredients and create a well in the middle of the mixture.
- For every two cups of flour, use one cup of water. Slowly pour the water into the centre of the well while pushing the mixture into the water with a spatula.
- Knead the bread.
- Break dough apart into small circles.
- Deep fry dough for one minute on each side.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until complete.